We are looking for media/publishing, communications, and public relations interns to help with growth strategy and on-hand tasks for all areas of publishing. We specialize in digital magazine and print publications and are working on several projects in expansion. Publications are currently in 22 countries and have a reach of approximately 15,000 constituents through different mailing lists, social media, and magazine subscribers.
MEDIA/PUBLISHING OPERATIONS - Want to learn more about a publishing company’s “behind-the-scenes“ needs? Then we are looking for you! KC Media Publishing is seeking a goal-oriented rockstar to go behind the scenes for publishing needs, from legal requirements to media campaigns, design, staging, layouts, and more. Lucky participants will help shape strategy ideas, delve into different departments across the publishing world, and help oversee other interns and contributors within the organization to keep them on task and meet crucial deadlines. Some jobs will include:
- Trademark searches
- Copyright collateral
- Intellectual property protections
- Media kit distributions
- Design and staging for photo shoots
- Page layouts for production
- Create mailing lists and organize constituents
- Analyze data and analytics from social media and develop strategies to increase interactions with followers
- eCommerce strategy development
COMMUNICATIONS - Communications writer wanted! KC Media Publishing is looking for savvy writers to create social media campaigns, awareness letters, and constituency communications. We are looking for strong writers who want to expand their skill sets and learn new writing techniques to bring awareness to our publications.
- Drip campaigns
- Calendar driven social media posts
- Product awareness
- Media kits and press releases
- Sales ad letters and pitches to products
- Newsletters and updates
- Website content and development
- Create campaigns to increase call-to-action media posts
- Opportunity to pitch article ideas, research, write, and have your work published in an upcoming issue.
These internships are not a get-me-coffee type of internship. Practical on-hands experience and direction will be provided, and the opportunity to generate pitch ideas and work with our CEO and CCO.